Saturday, June 5, 2010

A view in Central Park

This is another vector image I created in Illustrator. I feel that it is important as an artist to always base my work on my own photographs when possible. Therefore, I based this vector image on my own photograph. This piece was difficult to work on since I had to force a 2 point perspective view on a photo with a 3 point perspective view. It was relatively easy to work on certain areas. However, I found areas that had to be so far away from the original picture in order to retain the preciseness of the actual vector, that was very hard to make the image look believable. I only used flat shapes for this image. That means no gradients or anything like that. It took me about about 35-40 hours to finish it. All done in Illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment