Monday, August 9, 2010

The Big Race


This is the illustration I did for a recent contest on DA based on the Tim Burton Movie "James and the Giant Peach." The contest was about depicting the landscape that where I go to run away from my daily problems. The scene shows a race between three fish in which I win a bet against the Sun and the Moon. The quality of some of the work was outstanding. It was a good eye opener. It made me realize that I need to learn so many other things in order to improve the quality of my work.

4 comments:

  1. As always, I love your style and insane creativity. This is colored pencil and markers, right? The only thing that bothers me, and this might be intentional, is the lack of a focal point. The eye keeps bouncing around all over the picture and never settles. The colors and that wacky perspective work very well though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha YES!!!! I felt the same way about this piece. It truly doesn't have a focal point at all. I guess it's because I am so focused on everything being really detailed and well done. This is one of those cases where all the components might be really good and when you put them together is just a giant mess!!! Ha ha, I feel like I really need to work more on finding a way to focus on one single aspect of the composition.

    ReplyDelete