Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pratt Draw-a-thon!!


 This year was my first time doing the 12 hour Draw-a-thon at Pratt. It was an great experience being surrounded my many talented artists and friends working through out the entire night. My plan was to finish only 2 drawings that I could be happy with. The plan was working for the first couple of hours since I started to get really tired around midnight and the event ended at 7 am. These are the two drawings I came up with.


This was the first drawing of the night. It was a 3 hour pose. I was really enjoying working on this drawing since it was the begging of the night and the model was incredibly good and interesting. It was done with graphite on drawing paper 18x24.


 This was the second drawing of the night. It was a seven hour pose!! I started to slow down a lot after the first 3 hours and I decided to only focus on doing another portrait. I knew that it was going to be harder and harder to keep my focus and draw as I usually do as the night went on. Even though it was really tiring it was something I'll remember for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment